Followers

Saturday 2 September 2017

Stampin' Up! Autumn/Winter Catalogue Launch - Feeling of Christmas

Hi Crafters,

Stampin' Up! released their Autumn/Winter  2017 catalogue yesterday.  If you haven't seen it yet, you're in for a real treat.  If you would like to receive a free copy of the new Autumn/Winter Stampin' Up! catalogue, simply send me an email using the address at the top of the page and I'll mail one out.  An electronic version is available in the sidebar - just click on the front cover image.  

I'll be posting projects using different products from the new catalogue every day for the next week.  Be sure to check back for the next reveal tomorrow from 7 a.m.  If you leave a comment on all projects during the week, you will be entered to win blog candy.  Woop woop!  More details at the end of this post.

My first post of the launch features a wreath set called Feeling of Christmas.  There are two great sentiments too which could be used on the front and inside of a card.  These are the images in the Feeling of Christmas stamp set which is available in wood or clear mount.  



I only used one of the images and there is so much more you could do with this set.  I've kept it clean and simple for my first post using the Feeling of Christmas stamp set which has been heat embossed in white and then watercoloured using an Aqua Painter. 



I used watercolour paper for the main image and this really is super quality for water techniques.  I coloured the image using Real Red, Crushed Curry and Garden Green inks.  The pointed tip of the Aquapainter allows you to achieve the fine detail work required for an image of this intricacy.  


You could easily use the sentiments in the Feeling of Christmas stamp set for the centre of the wreath but I chose to use one from the Hang Your Stocking stamp set.  This image has a swirl under the text which I masked using low tack tape and then after inking I removed the tape.  This means that only the text was inked.  This sentiment really is a perfect fit for the wreath.

And now for the good bit - blog candy!  If you become a blog follower and leave a comment on each post during the launch week, you will be entered to win some brand new Stampin' Up! goodies.  You can increase your chances of winning by interacting on Facebook and Instagram too.  Head over to my Facebook page and Instagram account for more information.  You have until 7 p.m. on Saturday 9 September 2017 to complete your entry. 

Happy crafting,
Rachel x


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment